The Search Engine Marketing Masterclass demystifies the two types of Search Engine Marketing: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) aimed at optimising organic search rankings and Paid Search advertising.
Participants will be equipped with search engine optimization tools and techniques, enabling them implement their own SEO campaigns or to confidently manage their SEO agency.
The same applies to paid search advertising. Participants will learn to master the tools and techniques enabling them to run paid search campaigns themselves or to better manage their agency.
This is a highly practical and action oriented course that provides participants with skills and knowledge that can be immediately applied to manage and improve search engine marketing initiatives.
Search engine marketing introduction
- Different forms of search engine marketing
- Striking the balance between Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and paid search advertising
SEO: Inside the search engine algorithm
- The importance of Search Engine Optimisation
- How search engines work
- Search engine algorithms
- Google Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird algorithm updates and the future of search
- How to use keyword research tools
- Spying on your keyword competitors
Search engine friendly web design
- Website indexation factors
- The importance of Webmaster tools
- How to avoid search engine penalties
- Creating functional meta tags to influence search engine rankings
- Rich snippets: Author Rank, reviews etc.
- SEO copywriting
- The importance of link building
- Link building tools & techniques
- Directory submissions, blogging and press releases
- Content marketing and social media
The different forms of paid search advertising explained
Defining your paid search strategy and budget
- Configuring successful Adwords campaigns
- Keyword match types
- Increasing visibility and performance with ad extensions
- Ad copy best practices
- Improving Quality Score
- Configuring display advertising campaigns
- Display advertising targeting options
- Configuring Google Shopping campaigns
- Google Merchant accounts and product feeds
Setting up remarketing campaigns
Measuring paid search success and conversions
- Adwords reporting
- Paid search reporting in Google Analytics
What will I learn ?
This course enables participants to:
- Optimise the ranking of their websites in search engines
- Perform keyword research and competitor benchmarking
- Implement best practice SEO web design, copywriting and site architecture
- Implement an effective link building strategy
- Configure and optimise paid search campaigns
- Comfortably manage paid search budgets and keywords bids
- Apply best practice ad copywriting
- Measure search engine marketing success
Who should attend ?
This highly interactive workshop typically attracts Management and Executives involved Marketing, Communications, Sales, Content and Digital Media from B2C, B2B and not-for-profit organisations as well as Digital Agencies.
Trainer: Remco Van Der Beek
Remco has over 15 years experience in digital marketing. Originally a direct marketeer, he started his online career as a Digital Marketing Manager, building and promoting websites. In 2007 Remco became an independent digital marketing consultant. Since, he has worked with organisations in the Benelux and UK such as Telenet, Orange, GAMMA, Connections, Bridgestone Europe, Cathay Pacific, Westminster Abbey and many others. Remco is a former Online Marketing lecturer at the HZ University of Applies Sciences in Netherlands and is a trainer at London-based Emarketeers. He is also a regular speaker at international conferences and was even invited to address a United Nations WTO conference.