Issuing periodical reports is what is considered to be web analytics in many organisations. However, competing on analytics means cutting through big data volumes to uncover insights that enable real website performance improvement.
The Digital Analytics & Measurement course will equip you with the knowledge, tools and techniques to take your organisation from a reporting culture to a culture of data-driven improvement of the entire visitor experience and conversion process.
This training course is software independent and is equally relevant for users of Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst, Webtrends, Coremetrics or other web analytics solutions.
Defining the web analytics playing field
- What is web analytics ?
- A holistic approach to web analytics : the 360° analysis of the digital visitor experience
- Cookie legislation
- Web analytics terminology
How to implement web analytics in your organisation
- Web Analytics Maturity self-assessment
- The roadmap for web analytics implementation
- Reasons why web analytics projects fail
Creating your own KPI dashboard
- The RACE methodology for creating Internet Scorecards
- Tracking your online campaigns and traffic channels (Reach)
- Website content effectiveness and usability (Act)
- Defining and monetising macro and micro conversions (Convert)
- Customer loyalty and customer experience metrics (Engage)
- Defining actionable key performance indicators
- Creating automated KPI dashboards in Excel using API’s
- Data visualization
- Combining multiple data sources into one dashboard
Web analytics toolkit
- Web analytics vendor landscape
- A/B & multivariate testing: tools, process and examples
- Easy Voice of Customer measurement: from implementation to insights
- Tag management solutions: benefits and implementation
- Attribution modelling: allocating success in a multi-channel environment
Social Media Analytics
- Social media KPI models
- Measuring social media using traditional web analytics tools
- Using social media monitoring tools
- Facebook Insights
- Twitter Analytics
- YouTube Analytics
- LinkedIn Analytics
- Pinterest Analytics
From data to insights
- The importance of segmentation in web analytics
- Traffic channel optimisation
- Putting names to your visitors: identifying which companies and persons visit your website.
- Visitor journey insights (click-path analysis)
- Measuring the contribution of your content to conversion
- Conversion funnel optimisation
- Identifying cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
What will I learn ?
Following this training course, you will understand:
- Modern day web analytics concepts
- The ins & outs of a wide variety of tools used in web analytics
- The web analytics roadmap for creating a data-driven organisation
- How to create an effective KPI dashboard
- How to measure social media efforts
- How to use web analytics data to optimise your website performance from traffic generation to conversion
Who should attend ?
The web analytics & optimization typically attracts non-technical management and executives involved in (online) marketing and communications, sales, content management and social media. The course is relevant to any member of staff that needs to understand traffic channel effectiveness, content performance, user experience, conversion and campaign ROI.
This course is not product specific and is beneficial to users of any web analytics software.
Trainer: Remco Van Der Beek
Remco has over 15 years experience in digital marketing. Originally a direct marketeer, he started his online career as a Digital Marketing Manager, building and promoting websites. In 2007 Remco became an independent digital marketing consultant. Since, he has worked with organisations in the Benelux and UK such as Telenet, Ornage, GAMMA, Connections, Bridgestone Europe, Cathay Pacific, Westminster Abbey and many others. Remco is a former Online Marketing lecturer at the HZ University of Applies Sciences in Netherlands and is a trainer at London-based Emarketeers. He is also a regular speaker at international conferences and was even invited to address a United Nations WTO conference.